Thursday, June 16, 2011

2 years and 1 almost 2 babies later!

Ok. So I am obviously the worst blogger ever! But hey, better late than never right? So I will just talk about the big stuff that has happened in the last couple years, so I dont bore anyone, but there is just so much to talk about! I guess I will start with my Birthday July 31 2009. THis was such a special day I have to share about it. That was the day I went through the temple not only with the love of my life, but also my best friend Brooke. What an amazing experience that was! My Mom and my sister Jenny were my escorts, and I will talk more about my time spent with Jen later, but I cant say much about it other than that was a day I will never forget! Aug 7, 2009, we had a wedding dance with Tei's family. This was so much fun! I will never forget all of the fun dances Tei
s cousins performed for us, and also Tei performing a Fijiian number with the little boys. I really do have to most amazing husband ever! The important day was Aug 8, 2009. This was the day I was sealed to my Eternal Husband Heneli Elitei Tatafu. My mom and I woke up early to do my hair that morning, and head to the temple. I of course called to make sure Tei was awake, and good thing I did because he wasnt up yet, then my mom and I drove to the temple. I try to forget about the black cat we almost ran over on the way (bad luck?) But we made it there just in time. I was about in tears though since it was raining, and our reception was outside and we did not have a back up plan, but thank heavens when we got out of the Temple it was sunny :) The sealing was amazing, I just wish that Tei's mom could have been there. The rest of the day was awesome, our reception was amazing, and I would not have changed a thing! Tei and I stayed in Salt Lake at a hotel for the next couple of days, and then we went to Bear Lake for the rest of the week. Not much happened in the following weeks other than getting settled into our new apartment, and also finding out that we were expecting a baby! My due date was May 8 2010. For the next few months, we just had to get past the morning sickness fun, and prepare for this little one. In November, my Grandpa passed away so that is something else that we had to deal with, but I have an amazing Husband that helped me through it! The next few months were all about getting ready for our little boy. Tei and I took a "Babymoon" To Vegas in March, and I think I almost did myself in with all the walking we did, but it was nice to spend some last minute time alone. A few weeks after we got back from Vegas, my sisters had gotten together to plan a baby shower for me. I got a call from my sister Mindy saying that they had just taken my sister Jenny in an ambulance to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital, my sister Jenny was on life support but they thought she would be ok. She was in ICU until Sunday, and then they sent her to the psych ward. This is something I have a really hard time talking about, but it helps me to get through it. My sister Mindy and I visited Jenny on the wednesday, and she was doing so good! I had not seen her that rested for a while! Jenny has always fought depression, and it just had gotten to her. They ended up releasing her from the hospital on Saturday. The next day was Easter sunday. We went to my Moms house that night for dinner, and the boys had an easter egg hunt. Jenny didnt seem like she was feeling very well that night, but we didnt really think anything of it and went home for the night. At 2:46am on April 5 2010. And that was the worst phonecall I have ever recieved in my life. It was my little sister Jessica and she said " You need to get over here Jenny is dead" I cant write thiswithout crying. I fell to floor crying and Tei was asking whats wrong, and all I could say was "she's dead! My sister is dead" We drove out to my Moms house, and that was the longest 15mins of my life. When we arrived there were about 5 police cars, a fire truck, an ambulance and the coroner. Worst thing I could have ever seen. When I got inside a bunch of our family members and some friends were standing in our front room, and I collapsed. My old bishop from my moms ward had to help me up, and then we just sat and cried. My brother in laws dad then started giving everyone blessings. I dont remember much else that happened other than when the coroner came up and said they were bringing her body up. We all went in the other room and waited while they brought her up the stairs, then they let us come back in. We came back and saw her for the first time since she had died. It was the most surreal thing I have ever seen. We kept her boys in the other room so they didnt have to see her, but they cried all night for her. Tei and I stayed at my moms for the next week so we could be with my family, and help take care of the funeral arrangements. We were able to go dress her and get her in her temple clothes, and I did her her hair. We had her viewing that Thurs night, and her funeral on friday. It was so amazing to see all of the people who came to support us, and all of those who loved Jenny. She was such an amazing mom and sister and there is not a day that goes by that I dont think about her!
I think that is enough for now, I will blog again later and tell you more about when my little Hakeai came into the world, and what it has been like since he has been here!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You updated! That is so awesome you went through the temple with Brooke!! That seriously is such an awesome memory. I am so sorry about your sister... I wish there was more I could say. It was good to finally read about what's going on. Keep it up lady.