Friday, June 17, 2011

Im on a blogging roll!

As I watch my sweet little boy sleep, I decided I would blog about the last 14 mos we have spent with him. April 17, 2010 was my nephew Jacks birthday. It was a saturday morning, and we had lots of shopping to get done for his birthday party! I had been to the Dr on Weds, and I had my first exam to see how far I was progressing, and suprisingly I was already dialated to a +3 and 70% effaced! I was shocked! I had not had any contractions or pain, but I had been under alot of stress since it had only been a couple weeks since I lost my sister. Saturday afternoon we got back from shopping and I thought maybe my water had broke. It was the exciting big gush I had been hoping for ( I would love for it to break at the grocery store and make a big mess ) but it was enough that I thought maybe we should go get checked. We drove out to IMC around 5pm and I was hoping to make it back to Jacks party, but I didnt know what was going to happen. The nurses came in to do some tests, and One said she thought that my water did break, and the 2nd said she didnt think it had. They decided to take me back for more tests, and it had not broken, but the nurse said if I was far enough along they could break it for me! This freaked me out quite a bit, but I didnt think it was going to happen. Sure enough when they checked me I was already almost at a 5! I had not had any pain at all yet, so I decided just to go ahead and do it. At about 10pm my mom and dad arrived, and since Teis mom was visiting from Tonga, we tried calling her to come to the hospital but we could not get ahold of her. Around 11pm the Dr came in and broke my water and I was at a +6. That was the weirdest feeling ever! The nurse asked me if I was ready for an epidural and I said no because I still had no pain, and she told me the Dr would be going in to do an epidural for a Csection, and if I did not get the epidural right then, it would at least an hour before I could, so I went for it! When the dr came in, I felt my sister there holding my hand and I couldnt hold back the tears. I did not feel anything when they poked me, and then the dr said "ok this is the painful part" so then I got scared and started crying pretty hard and he said "oh im sorry, sorry, your already done!" So then everyone was laughing at me. I felt 1 strong contraction and then I went numb! Maybe thats why I was so quick to be preg again? I never felt any pain! They came and checked me after and I was at a 7 so they told me to rest a while. At about 3 am they came and I was fully dialated, but Hak was still high up in the birth canal so they just told me to go back to sleep. A little before 5am they came in and asked me try pushing. I pushed 1 time and the nurse yelled "ok stop!" She ran and got the Dr, I pushed for about 10 mins and then I met the little man of my life. At 5:10am I met Hakeai Henry Tatafu and I knew my life would never be the same. In the tongan culture, the fathers family names the first born so they decided to name him Hakeai after my husbands older brother. The name has to do with when my husbands ancestors migrated from Tonga to Hawaii. It has to do with the waves coming onto the beach as they arrived. Im glad I made the decision to let them name him, because I know how important it was to my husband to do that. Hakeai Henry Tatafu weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 21 inches long (im glad he was 3 weeks early!) I love this little boy more than I can even say! The next few days in the hospital were a breeze! We had a lot of visitors, the only hard part was when Tei would have to go to work at 6am and not be back till 4pm. Tei was not working steadily at the time, and we needed anything we could get! Everyday that I have spent with my little boy since that most memorable day, has been worth all of the tears, all of the ear infections, the days in the hospital when he had pneumonia, all of the sleepless nights, all of the temper tantrums (those are fairly new) His first bite of baby food, his first day crawling, his first day walking, and they days he spends running a little car across my tummy and his little sister kicks back :) I am so blessed to be this little boys mommy, and I would not change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment